- This event has passed.
Do Well, Be Well with Diabetes Series
January 19, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20
Do Well, Be Well with Diabetes (DWBW) is a five-class series covering basic nutrition and self-care management topics. The program helps people with type 2 diabetes learn the skills needed to manage their disease successfully with the primary goal of improving blood glucose management.
Participants will get their questions answered by diabetes experts and professional educators and gain confidence in their ability to control their disease. The DWBW curriculum is consistent with the American Diabetes Association Standards of Care. All classes are led by Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, or Registered Nurse.
Classes will be held each Thursday at 6-8 pm from Jan 19th through February 16th at the Huntington ISD Boardroom. Cost is $20 to attend all 5 classes. A limited number of scholarships are available to those needing financial assistance on a first-come, first-serve basis. Register by January 12th to reserve your spot.
Get registration form here: dwbw-registration-form_2017-huntington
- Getting Started: How Food Affects Your Blood Glucose – Jan 19th
- Are You Eating the Right Number of Carbohydrates? Let’s Find Out – Jan 26th
- Beyond the Diet: Improving Your Blood Glucose Control with Physical Activity – Feb 2nd
- Beyond Diet and Physical Activity: Improving Your Blood Glucose Control with Medication – Feb 9th
- Celebrating Diabetes Control While Avoiding Complications: Having Your Cake (or Snack) & Eating It, Too! – Feb 16th