- This event has passed.
Do Well, Be Well with Diabetes
May 19, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20
Do Well, Be Well with Diabetes (DWBW) is a five-class series covering basic nutrition and self-care management topics. The program helps people with type 2 diabetes learn the skills needed to manage their disease successfully with the primary goal of improving blood glucose management.
Participants will get their questions answered by diabetes experts and professional educators and gain confidence in their ability to control their disease. The DWBW curriculum is consistent with the American Diabetes Association Standards of Care.
Classes will be held each Thursday at 6-8 pm from May 19th through June 16th at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Office in Lufkin. Cost is $20 to attend all 5 classes. A limited number of scholarships are available to those needing financial assistance on a first-come, first-serve basis. Register by May 13th to reserve your spot.
Sign up here: DWBW Registration
- Getting Started: How Food Affects Your Blood Glucose – May 19th
- Are You Eating the Right Number of Carbohydrates? Let’s Find Out – May 26th
- Beyond the Diet: Improving Your Blood Glucose Control with Physical Activity – June 2nd
- Beyond Diet and Physical Activity: Improving Your Blood Glucose Control with Medication – June 9th
- Celebrating Diabetes Control While Avoiding Complications: Having Your Cake (or Snack) & Eating It, Too! – June 16th